Just like the White Winged Dove



I have decided to dedicate this blog post to one of my idols Miss Stephanie Nicks, or as most she as she is most commonly known Stevie Nicks. Stevie Nicks is the lead singer of the legendary classic rock band Fleetwood Mac. Fleetwood Mac is one of my favorite bands. For some reason, Stevie Nicks intrigues me. Could it be because of her sultry voice or amazing song writing capabilities? I am not really sure. I just think that Stevie Nick epitomizes what a female lead singer in a band should be. She writes her own music, has a unique voice, and dresses in a respectful manner. In my opinion, there are truly no other singers out there quite like Stevie Nicks. I was fortunate to be able to see Fleetwood Mac in concert on March 1, 2009 in Pittsburgh Pennsylvania. Although Christine McVie did not tour with the rest of the band members, Fleetwood Mac still performed an unforgetable show.

For those of you who don't know, my hobby is going to concerts. I attended my first concert when I was 5 years old (I saw the Monkees!) and ever since then I have been hooked. Sometimes it scares me to think of the music industry today in our generation. While there are still great bands, I feel that the music scene is just not even close to what music was in the 60's and 70's era. Think about it, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, Eric Clapton, Fleetwood Mac, Led Zeppelin.... These bands were the pioneers of rock music.

These bands such as Fleetwood Mac and ACDC are still just as popular as they were 20 years ago if not even more so. For example, ACDC, who just released a CD this past November titled "Black Train" has sold over 5 million copies of their new CD and headlined a world-wide tour. Singers/bands that are considered "oldies" were the acts there were selling the most concert tickets in 2008 (According to "Rolling Stone Magazine", Issue 1071 February 5, 2009)

1.Madonna
2.Eagles
3.Bon Jovi
4.Bruce Springsteen
5.Neil Diamond
6.The Police
7. Tina Turner
8. Dave Matthews Band
9.Tom Petty
10.Jonas Brothers

The most highly anticipated tour of 2009 is Britney Spears. Depsite the anticipation, Britney Spears has thus far been the victim of mostly lackluster reviews.

This evidence and own preference makes me wonder what the future of the music industry may hold. I would love to receive comment(s) letting me know how you all feel as well.
-Bethany

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template