Life's been good to me so far





Wow, I can't believe it's been two months since my last blog post. I hope that everyone has been well. Spring quarter has been beautiful, and for once this year I can actually say that it has not been too hectic. Since my last post, I have been to two concerts Nickelback and The Eagles.... both were a lot of fun! I am happy to report that I have a job this summer and one for next year. So...with all that being said I can basically summarize my life at this point with a famous Eagles song by Joe Walsh "Life's Been Good to me So Far".

In order to try to keep a focus on this blog post, I have decided to blog about an experience that I had this past weekend. This past weekend I traveled approximately 35 miles from my home to a Hare Krisha community that is located on the outskirts of Moundsville, WV. For those of you who have never heard of the Hare Krishnas, it is a religion that is similar to Hinduism and was founded by Prabhupapada in the early 1900's. The Hare Krishna community was started by a group of followers in the 1970's. The group of followers wanted to build a temple where Prabhupapada could relax during his journeys. What began as a simple sketch of a basic house on a piece of paper, transformed into a beautiful golden palace nestled in the hills of WV. Despite the wear and tear that the palace has endured from the past 30 years, the palace still withholds a beautiful majestic mystique that is sure to hypnotize anyone.

My experience at the Palace of Gold is something that I am sure I will always remember. It was like being in another country. For once in WV, I felt like I was the outside intruding on sacred land. I would advise anyone who is traveling through WV to stop at the Palace of Gold. The people who live in the New Vrindibian community (the name of the community where the followers reside) are extremely nice and welcome to visitors. Until my next blog post take care of yourself and others!!

Peace and Love :)
-Bethany

2 comments:

Heather Farr said...

The Joe Walsh song title attracted me to this post: ) I love that song!

Also, I didn't know you did this! You'll have to tell me all about it

NLP Way said...

Most people don't want to be hypnotized because they fear of it.. They have seen that hypnosis have used to fooled people on TV show. However, hypnosis is really useful for our life.

Ben Tien
NLP WAY

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template