Finals Week and Final Thank Yous

Hello! I hope exam week is going swiftly and productively for all of you…stick with it, we’re almost there! So, this week has contained a series of interesting twists and turns. Bethany are living life Facebook-free after having trusted individuals who shall remain undisclosed change our passwords for us (just as a warning, this course of action is not for the faint of heart). It’s been rough, but I feel I can safely say that I’ve gotten more studying done without the pressing need to change my status to “Nadine hates finals” or “Nadine is considering life as a hermit in the foothills of the Himalayans.” Anyways, on to the point of this post: this week in particular, I’ve had time to think about all the wonderful people in my life—both here at OU and at home. I’d like to point out something that our old buddy Matthew Kelly says about the people we meet in our lives:

Along the way you will meet many people. Some of them you will help, assist, advise. Others will help, assist, and advise you. It has been my experience that when you think you are there to help someone else, chances are they are really there to help you.
People are a gift. Each person that crosses through your life is a chance to love, a chance to really live.
Cherish people.


I’m not sure why this week I have been struck with this feeling of intense appreciation for all the friends and family I have in my life. Maybe I’m just sleep-deprived or experiencing some kind high brought on by an excess of Starbuck’s coffee. Perhaps it was the snow last night that looked so beautiful as it fell. Or maybe it’s the knowledge that after a few days I will have my first quarter as a college student under my belt. Whatever the reason, I am radiating the spirit of Thanksgiving and it feels amazing. I encourage you to do the same—take a step back and look at your relationships, both the failures and successes, the prominent ones and the seemingly minor, and say a little thank you for what these people taught you that you couldn’t have possibly learned on your own. Spread some love this upcoming break, I know I’ll be trying to! Until then, good luck on all your finals and have a safe trip home, or wherever your journey is taking you this winter.
-Nadine

2 comments:

TonySylvester said...

well well well...i will do!

Bethany Scott said...

I definitely agree Nadine. I have felt extremely appreciative these last couple days as well for the all the great things in my life :)

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template