Final Days in Cuenca


As I am sitting here tonight procrastinating on studying for my finals, I am thinking about how few days I have left in Cuenca.... only four more to be exact. It seems like only yesterday I was getting off the bus with sixteen other students nervous to the point of anxiety wondering what classes would be like, thinking about our host families, and trying to imagine living in a different country for two months. So, what has this experience been like? It has been every sort of adjective that I can think of to describe this trip. It's been sad, frusterating, amazing, happy, unbelieveable, magical.... the list goes on and on. I have met friends that I know will last a lifetime. The sixteen other Ohio University students are nothing short of amazing, while each one is unique and has taught me more than I ever could have hoped for. My family has shown me love, hospitality, and accepted me with open arms and never once questioned me about my customs or made me feel out of place. My professors at CEDEI have pushed me farther than I knew I was capable of going as I worked harder in Spanish classes than I ever had before. I have cried, laughed, danced, hiked, swam, and even rode on the back of a horse across a river. This experience has changed my life. I know that I am going to return to Ecuador in the future because this is the most beautiful country that I have visited yet.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template