Here I go again...



Well, it is time to leave the country once again. My destination this time is Cuenca, Ecuador. I am both excited and slightly nervous. Before I left for Vietnam, I felt as if I had months to prepare. I do not know if it is due to the fact that I have less anxiety about this trip or what the underlying cause may be, but I feel extremely calm about this trip. The scary part is I am heading to the airport in less than 24 hours!
What I have discovered after traveling to Vietnam is as long as you have your passport, money, underwear, and comfortable walking shoes you are good to go... at least for a a few days :). This trip is going to be different from Vietnam. First, is the length of the trip. I am about to embark on a ten week trip where I will visit Guayaquil, Quito, La Costa, and El Oriente. I will be taking 16 credit hours of Spanish classes with 18 other Ohio University Students. One graduate student is traveling with us. She will serve both as our chaperone and one our professors.
I will be living with a host family. I just received their contact information yesterday. They truly sound like great people; I cannot wait to meet them.
With an open mind, lots of sunscreen, and my malaria medication, I am ready to leave for Ecuador. Look out Ecuador here I come!

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template