Diving into the PR world

Hello everyone! It's been ages since my last blog post... so here we go. I want to start out by saying that in comparison to last quarter, this quarter has been going a lot more smoothly. Despite the constant studying that Journalism 133 entails, I am actually enjoying that class and finding it nice to have a lot more time on my hands to get my studying done and an adequate amount of sleep.

A few week ago, I had the opporutunity to attend a focus group for Zolio.com. I came into the experience a little nervous because I was afraid that I would be put on the spot and my inexperience with focus groups would show. However, to my surpise, the focus group was laid back and everyone's input was appreciated. For those of you who don't know, Zolio.com is an online resume builder that was started by two Bobcat alums. Zolio.com allows you to build a profile that includes your resume as well as work samples. You are able to highlight your talents with not only your resume, but with work samples or videos about yourself that can be easily uploaded. Zolio.com is just getting started, however exciting things will be coming in the near future. The founders of Zolio.com hope to create a video podcast where employers can set up video interviews with you, a service where with a few clicks of the button you can have your resume sent to fed ex, personalized, and shipped to future employers, as well as an online organizer where employer contacts can be stored. I encourage all of you to visit the site and build your own profiles.

On another note, I am so excited to be going to Chicago in about a month. So far this year, I feel that I have been submerged in the PR world. Although I have learned a lot about what the PR world is, I am excited to actually see a PR agency in person. Coming for a small town in West Virginia, I have yet to have had this experience and I am excited to go to Chicago so that I can make sure PR is a field that I want to go into.

For my next blog post, I plan on dedicating it to classic rock. About a month ago, I went to the ACDC concert in Pittsburgh. In March, I am going to a Nickleback, Fleetwood Mac, and Eagles concert. Anyway, thanks as always for visiting our blog :). Peace and Love!
-Bethany

3 comments:

TonySylvester said...

A few things...the pictures of you two are new..I love them.

Bethany, you'll love Chicago...and I feel like visiting these places will just make you want to graduate now and start working! haha

Anonymous said...

I found your blog doing a search for 'Fleetwood Mac'. I'm a bigtime Stevie Nicks/Mac fan also. Check out my fan blog if you like and enjoy your Fleetwood Mac concert!

Rachel Csaszar said...

CHICAGO!
I can't wait either! Oh and I'm really glad that I read your blog because I totally forgot what the website was called you mentioned for resumes. Now I know...Zolio! I have to get on that...

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template