New Year

Hey everyone! It has been over a month since my last blog entry. Crazy! I am so glad to be back in Athens, and I hope that all of you had an awesome break. Since it is the New Year's resolution I think that you would all be glad to know that I did not make a cliche resolution such as that I am going to finally stop biting my nails or lose that last 10 pounds that I may have gained over winter break ( I actually gained 4 but sometimes I swear it feels like 10 when I try to wear my AE jeans). My resolution for this year is to do things that make myself happy. And no this does does not mean that I am going to become an inconsiderate person. I just think that sometimes we get too caught up in things that we are only doing because "oh that club might look good on a resume one day" or "although i really don't like what I am doing this is where all my friends are and if I quit I will have nothing left". I don't know about you, but I did too much of that in high school and it really just isn't worth it anymore.
I challenge all of you to be selfish this week. Use the word "no" when you really don't feel like doing. Join the bowling team although you're a pre-law major. I have found that since my New Year's resolution I have become so much more happy and I just thought that I would pass on my words of wisdom :). PS- The video that Nadine posted of me is just my initial reaction after Barack Obama won, I do not consider myself a political expert in any shape or form. Also, I am pretty sure that I could have passed for a homeless person that video lol.
We just want to keep our blog personal and fun. We will definitely keep uploading videos as the quarter goes on because everyone know that I am not a technolgical expert and I have no idea how "Facebook is going to surpass Myspace by 20% views in the next 6 months". Remember my challenge and please comment! Thank you so much for visiting our blog.
-Bethany

3 comments:

jillian flauto said...

i agree, bethany : ) i need to start doing the same. i love you and hope you stay just as happy. i'm excited to read about it on here, girl.

Heather Farr said...

Great post and so true! I feel like we don't realize this until we're older. It's a great feeling though when you decide that your own happiness is very important.

TonySylvester said...

Thank you! I am going to try and selfish this week haha...not in a negative way, but in a way that helps not hurts!

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template