Bethany Has an Opinion

As Nadine stated in our last blog entry “what would you do if could grab n go the perfect guy?” Well, my response to this dire question is “What if you find this guy and he is exactly like you?” I mean think about it, girls are always obsessing “life would so much easier if I could just create my own perfect guy." But do we ever stop and think that maybe it might not be the best idea? I mean, maybe we shouldn’t come up with this perfect guy. If he turns out exactly how you wanted him, then there are no surprises. Predictability is something that I think everyone could agree makes life boring. Also, whether or not people like to say “opposites attract” girls wants their exact counterparts. And, when I say exact, that’s what I mean. So, if you found this guy that was exactly like you, you have to think “how could I keep the relationship interesting?” Regardless if you find this ideal man or not I think that it’s important to realize that you must never compromise who you are to get a guy to like you. Also, just be up front with your feelings if you like someone. If there’s one thing I hate it’s mind games. I think that it’s just best to speak your mind. That’s my relationship advice for the time being.

Ok, on to another subject. I can be a pretty philosophical person so I am going to try to write on a profound level. The other day I realized one of my roommates was upset. After asking her what was bothering her she told me that her friend was diagnosed with leukemia. I think since it is October and yes we all want to celebrate Halloween; I think that we need to stop and think that it is also Breast Cancer Awareness month. Since coming to college, I have yet to share even with my roommates and some of my closest friends that my mom passed away from breast cancer on April 23rd, 2007. The reason I am hesitant to tell other people is because the last thing I want is a pity party. Instead what I try to do is count my blessings every single day. Since her passing, although it was definitely the lowest point of my life, my personality has definitely changed. I find it hard to stress about small things and it has definitely changed my outlook on life. Yes, I know that you have all heard sayings like “there’s no reason to be upset because your life could be so much worse” or “you have to make the best out of everyday because you only have one life to live." But, I think that we should all really stop and think about what these sayings are about. I am sure we could all admit that although life really does suck sometimes, it could be so much worse. Forget about regret and just move on with your life. We have all made mistakes. Go out and have some fun! Who cares about what other people might think? On that note, I am going to end this blog entry. October is my fav month and I am ready to live it up! Until my next entry…peace and love ☺
-Bethany

1 comments:

TonySylvester said...

How inspiring. Live your life to its fullest! I am glad that you are acknowledging breast cancer awareness month. It's great that you're shedding light on a serious subject especially by sharing your own story. You're very brave making yourself vulnerable on the internet. But it just added much more passion and meaning behind the message of your post. I am walking away persuaded that life needs to lived and things could always be worse. Thank you for the advice.

Copyright © 2008 - Keep it Classy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template